Bathroom injuries are prevalent among the elderly and injured. The bathroom, with its wet and dangerous environment, causes many falls and can be quite dangerous. The elderly trying to get in and out of traditional bathtubs is commonly when the accidents occur. The best and easy solution to this risky situation is a walk-in bathtub.
For many, the idea of installing a walk-in tub is a challenge, as there is a worry that there might not be a great need for installing and renovating the bathroom area. However walk-in tubs are much more than a handy bathroom installation, they provide independence and can allow many elderly and aged individual the freedom to stay in their home and independent for longer.
Walk-in tubs will help to keep seniors and people with mobility issues safe when entering and exiting because they feature a large walk-in door, a low step-over threshold, and a built-in seat. This design provides a relaxing and safe space for eldering and injured people to bathe.
Benefits of walk-in baths for elderly
There are many advantages to installing a walk-in bathtub. Following are just some of the benefits the elderly can enjoy when a walk-in tub is installed in their residence.
- A safer and more comfortable way to bath for elderly and people who are injured or have mobility issues.
- Contains a door which makes bathing easier to enter and exit
- Designs that prevent slips and falls including anti-slip floor and seat.
- Features handrails, seats, and textured pads to ensure the bather keeps their head above the water.
- Built-in grab-bars are often featured inside the walk-in bath.
- Fast draining system, with a push of a button the water, drains out of the tub in less than two minutes; therefore, the person does not have to wait long in the tub.
- Allows elderly people to stay living in their homes longer and is an alternative solution to living communities.
- Walk-in tubs are showers too which allows the person to choose to stand up or sit down.
- Some varieties of walk-in tubs offer therapeutic power of hydrotherapy. This can help relieve pain and also help to boost energy.
- Other varieties feature aromatherapy and hydro-jet therapy systems as part of the tubs.
As you can see, there are many wonderful benefits for installing a walk-in bathtub. These walk-in tubs offer elderly, and people with mobility issues a safe and comfortable bathing experience and will give you some piece of mind that your loved ones are at low risk of an accident in the bathroom. They offer independence and dignity when elderly and people with mobility issues use the bathroom which means you are improving their quality of life.